Often the littlest members of the family are the ones that bring the most charm to a photograph. Children set their own limits. Some will warm up more quickly then others. During our lifestyle session the first thing I’ll do when coming to your home is interact with your child. I’ll say hello and then ask to see their room. Children love to show off their favorite toys. This will allow me to get to know your child and their personality and it will give me ideas about what to talk with them about during our time together.
Here are a few things that you can do to help prepare your child.
- Schedule nap time before the shoot or make sure they had a good nights sleep so that they are well rested.
- Make sure they have eaten or make sure to have snacks prepared but nothing to messy.
- Have an activity or two planned. You can head over to my blog post about lifestyle activities here.
- Have items close by that make your child happy like a favorite blanket or stuffed animal, these things will also bring a special meaning to the photographs.
- say no to “say cheese” we want authentic smiles not forced ones.
Not everyone has to be looking at the camera at the same time and not everyone has to be smiling. Genuine smiles and expressions add so much more to a photography. Most time children move at their own pace and they like to do things their own way and that’s ok. Remember we are showing true authentic moments and what better way to do that then show the sweet shyness or the outgoing personality of your child.